Congratulations--you have completed the screening process, returned the paperwork, and have been approved to donate milk! Welcome to the Mothers' Milk Bank at Austin donor family!
Properly pumping, collecting, storing and preparing milk for donation are all important parts of the donation process. If at any point in the donation process you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Donors Should Call MMBA If:
- You, your baby, or any household member becomes ill
- You are unsure about whether to save milk for donation
- You occasionally take medication--there are deferment periods for certain medications and we can tell you how long to wait before saving pumped milk for donation
- You have a yeast infection on your nipples, your baby has thrush, or you have a fever blister
- There are any changes in your health, or the health of your baby or other members of your household (this applies to everything from the common cold to more serious illness)
- There are any changes in your health behaviors or risk factors for disease
For more information on the process of donating milk, check out our pages on: