Did you know that you can save the lives of babies born too soon and too small with your breast milk donation? The Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is a nonprofit organization that relies on healthy, lactating women to donate their extra breast milk to preterm and ill infants in need when a mother cannot provide her own breast milk. If you are interested in becoming a milk donor and real-life superhero, fill out the form on this page to initiate a simple screening process to determine your eligibility to donate precious milk. Someone from the milk bank will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your information.
Getting Your Milk to MMBA
- You must be approved as a milk donor with the Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin before you begin dropping off milk.
- Contact the San Diego Mothers’ Milk Bank coordinator when you are an approved donor and ready to schedule your milk drop off:
- Telephone: 858-249-1717
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milk drop off will be at the San Diego Blood Bank Gateway Center at 3636 Gateway Center Ave, San Diego, CA 92102
- Please put your milk donation in plastic bags as directed by MMBA. Better to have several smaller bags of milk so that bag isn’t too heavy or tears when being packed.
- Bring your milk in a cooler in your car to keep it frozen.
- Look for our big blue banner!
- You can pull into the 10 minute parking spaces
- Come in the front door and check in at the donor desk
- We will bring a cart out to your car and help you with the cooler and milk
- We are so thankful for your gift and can’t wait to see you!