Social Media Manager
Our Social Media Manager owns our brand voice on social. This person is responsible for building and nurturing community around our mission and programs -- supporting our primary goal of sourcing new milk donors, along with secondary objectives. Secondary objectives include: building interest in financial donations (fundraising), growing our local volunteer base, supporting our events, building local partnerships with maternal health practitioners, lactation specialists, corporations, and mom groups, growing and nurturing our ambassador program (for retired milk donors), and educating the public on milk banking and donor human milk.
A majority (60%) of this role is dedicated to running our brand’s “content engine” on social -- publishing quality content and measuring content performance. The other 40% is dedicated to listening to mentions of our brand, engaging with our audience reactively and proactively, and seeking out insights about our audience that informs our content strategy and other business objectives. This position reports to our Director of Marketing, who is overseen by our Executive Director.
This position is part-time and will include advancement opportunities for the right candidate, as we are in a period of company growth and have regular need for support of our programs and operations.
- Serve as the voice of our brand on social for MMBA’s mission and programs in the Austin community and beyond
- Draft a monthly content schedule, with flexibility to react in the moment as needed
- Coordinate with other Milk Bank staff to stay in the know regarding upcoming programs, events, and photo opportunities. Solicit and receive content suggestions from key staff members, using your own judgment and your knowledge of our audience to respond appropriately to each suggestion.
- Publish channel-appropriate content to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter regularly and to our blog and Youtube channel occasionally
- Promptly respond to all comments and questions via social media during scheduled working hours -- routing users to other Milk Bank staff as appropriate
- Develop marketing partnerships on our social media channels with local businesses, maternal health professionals, and mom influencers for cross-promotion of our programs, events, and donor needs
- Grow our communities on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, with a focus on quality connections (relevant, potential milk donors and partners)
- Manage paid social spend, including Facebook Ads
- Identify new partner and promotional opportunities and pitch ideas to Director of Marketing / Executive Director where you believe new investment would further support our mission and program objectives (particularly in relation to sourcing new milk donors)
Key Candidate Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission of the Milk Bank
- 3 or more years of experience in digital marketing; experience must include assisting with the management of social media accounts for a brand
- Strong communication skills, particularly in short form written communication to varied audiences (such as moms and financial supporters)
- Natural connection builder: be friendly, relatable, and outgoing
- Must understand what “social media community” means for brands: we don’t want to just talk about ourselves on social. We support and actively build a community around the values our audience shares with our brand – and a big part of this is enabling the community to engage with us and each other around topics that matter. Having a constant passion and respect for our community is key to success in this role.
- Good judgment: You’ll decide how to handle engagement from our audience - how to respond appropriately in real-time, in a variety of contexts. You’re the voice of our brand, and must represent us everyday in a way that treats our customers well, and portrays us positively in the community.
- Ability to work independently
- Awareness of and comfort writing about breastfeeding and breast milk pumping
- Comfort writing about health issues, including premature birth, bereavement, and NICU stays
- Connections to Austin parenting communities, including mom bloggers, influencers, podcasters, media, baby goods stores, baby goods brands, etc.
- Comfort speaking with maternal health practitioners, including lactation specialists, doulas, midwives, OBGYNs, NICU professionals, etc.
- Experience building brands on Instagram and Facebook (Twitter, Youtube, Medium also a plus)
- Experience with paid social media, particularly Facebook Ads
- Must provide your own smartphone and computer
Hours: Part time (25 hours per week, can be scheduled or flexible each week depending on your preference). Hours may be worked remotely if desired, after initial in-office training.
Salary range: $15 - 17, dependent on experience
To apply: Please send resume, references and cover letter to Kim Updegrove via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No hand deliveries please. We will accept resumes until the position is filled.
Milk Operations Assistant
The Inventory Assistant reports to and supports the functions of the Operations Manager to ensure an accurate and safe milk supply.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Safely and accurately log incoming milk to meet daily processing requirements
- Accurately identify milk that doesn’t meet MMBA standards, and report these findings to the Operations Manager
- Assist the Operations Technician in conducting monthly and quarterly inventories of processed and raw milk
- Develop a strong awareness of critical inventory points and become proficient in recognizing and resolving inventory discrepancies, especially related to processed milk
- Maintain daily logs for freezer and refrigerator performance, alerting operations staff to equipment failures according to protocol
- Maintain a safe and organized working environment
- Assist Operations Technician in dispensing milk to hospitals and outpatients, and develop skills to complete this task independently when appropriate
- Using scanning and bar code technology, accurately apply identifiers to incoming milk, and verify that dispensed milk is accurate according to packing slips
Receive and maintain food handler's certification
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office suite and Timeless Medical System
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors to MMBA including donor moms dropping off milk deposits
- Ensure the timely delivery of materials to milk collection sites
- Promote a positive, team-oriented atmosphere
- Serve as a positive spokesperson for the Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin
- Other duties as assigned
To apply: Please send resume, references and cover letter to Andrew Reynolds via e-mail: email@example.com. No hand deliveries please. We will accept resumes until the position is filled.