Interested in joining our team?
Check out our open positions below!
Do you like to meet people, especially women with very young children? Do you like to organize events and develop friends for mission related support? And, finally, do you like sharing messages and making connections via social media? If your answer is yes, this position could be for you. Reporting to the Donor Mom Program Coordinator, the Community Manager manages communication and outreach activities that increase awareness of milk banking and breastfeeding, and increase donations of donor human milk.
The Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 to save lives of babies through the dispensing of prescribed pasteurized donor milk. In 2015, the Milk Bank dispensed over 480,000 ounces of milk to 140 hospitals in 22 states. The Milk Bank anticipates receiving milk donations from more than 1,000 lactating women in 2016.
- Meet milk bank annual goals for milk donors, utilizing strategically planned and organized community events, 1:1 meetings, and communication tools to educate, motivate, and advocate for improved infant health outcomes
- Manage Milk Bank Ambassador Program, increasing participation and effectiveness of this group of milk bank advocates
- Build and maintain relationships with key sources of referral in the medical community
- Build and maintain relationships with businesses, individuals, and breastfeeding and lactation advocacy groups
- Manage the Milk Bank Depot Program, strategically expanding program as needed to support milk donors.
- Plan and manage strategic events, in collaboration and cooperation with other staff
- Serve as a visible spokesperson and advocate for MMBA’s mission and program in the Austin community and beyond
- Participate in the Milk Bank’s volunteer and student programs as a mentor teacher, as appropriate
- Participate in milk processing or other tasks, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with passion for maternal and child health in general; breastfeeding specifically
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of managing and evaluating programs
- Experience with public speaking and writing – writing samples necessary
- Willingness to do some statewide travel
- Event planning experience
- Professional work ethic
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to achieve excellence in database management, data analysis, display, and interpretation
- Fluency in Microsoft Office products — Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related area of study
- 4 years of experience in marketing and public relations, including social media
- 1 year experience in recruiting and managing volunteers (or other equivalent)
- Bilingual preferred – Spanish and English
Hours: Full time (MF 9-5 including half-hour lunch break) with flexibility as approved by the Executive Director. Some evening and weekend activities and travel required.
Compensation: Pay is commensurate with experience.
Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin offers competitive benefits, including employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance; generous vacation & sick leave; and a 401(K) retirement plan for eligible employees.
To apply: Please send resume, references and cover letter to Kim Updegrove via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. No hand deliveries please. We will accept resumes until the position is filled.