Supporting the functions of the Quality Assurance Coordinator and Pasteurization Technician, the Lab Assistant participates in all aspects of milk processing. Reports to Operations Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Milk Processing
- Work as a part of the lab team to complete daily processing goals
- Demonstrate proficiency in all milk processing tasks
- Demonstrate requisite knowledge of MMBA, state, and federal guidelines to maintain a clean work environment
- Understand and uphold MMBA’s standards for product quality
- Earn and maintain a Food Handler’s certification
- Perform other duties as assigned by staff
- Conduct training and evaluation of persons new to milk processing, and evaluate their readiness to work independently
- Provide appropriate and professional correction to current employees and volunteers regarding milk processing procedure and technique
- Promote and maintain a positive, team-oriented atmosphere
- Serve as a visible spokesperson and advocate for MMBA’s mission and program in the Austin community and beyond.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. There is no minimum experience required. Applicants can send a cover letter and resume to Operations Manager Andrew Reynolds.
donor team volunteerS
Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is looking for volunteers to assist our Donor Mom Team. Tasks include contacting potential donors by phone and email to follow up on the donation process. This position entails working at MMBA’s office on Dillard Circle for 3-4 hours per week, and allows a parent to bring their non-mobile infant with them. If interested, please contact Laura Tankersley (email@example.com) and be sure to put “Donor Mom Team Volunteer” in your email subject line.